New Zealand (which is part of the Australasian Realm) is one of the 25 conservation hotspots listed in Myers et al, 2000 (doi:10.1038/35002501).
New Zealand repositories of type specimensEdit
- AMNZ (also AIM). Auckland Institute and Museum– Entomology, Auckland, New Zealand. Private Bag 92018, Auckland. Mr John W. Early.
- CMNZ (also CMC). Canterbury Museum, Christchurch, New Zealand. Rolleston Ave, Christchurch. Simon Pollard.
- MONZ (also DMW, NZNM). Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa (formerly National Museum of New Zealand and until 1992, Dominion Museum of New Zealand), Wellington, New Zealand. 55 Cable St, Te Aro, Wellington 6140, New Zealand.
New Zealand taxonomistsEdit
- Raymond Robert FORSTER (1922-2000)
- Christopher Kenneth TAYLOR (1979-)
- Forster, R.R. (1948c) The sub-order Cyphophthalmi Simon in New Zealand. Dominion Museum records in entomology, Wellington, 1(7), 79–119.
- Forster, R.R. (1952a) Supplement to the Sub-order Cyphophthalmi. Dominion Museum records in entomology, Wellington, 1(9), 179–211.
- Forster, R.R. (1954) The New Zealand harvestmen (sub-order Laniatores). Canterbury Museum bulletin, Christchurch, 2, 1–329.
- Forster, R.R. (1964) The Araneae and Opiliones of the Sub-Antarctic Islands of New Zealand. In: Gressitt, J.L. (Ed.), Insects of Campbell Island. Pacific Insects. Monograph 7. B. P. Bishop Museum, Honolulu, pp. 58–115.
- Forster, R.R. (1965) Harvestmen of the sub-order Laniatores from New Zealand Caves, Records of the Otago Museum, Zoology, Dunedin, 2, 1–18.
- Taylor, C.K. (2013b) Further revision of the genus Megalopsalis (Opiliones, Neopilionidae), with the description of seven new species, Zookeys, 328, 59-117.
Pages in category "Fauna of New Zealand"
“ Neonuncia Roewer, 1915 is a genus in the family Triaenonychidae, subfamily Triaenonychinae...
“ Triaenobuninae Pocock, 1902 is a subfamily of Triaenonychidae with 20 genera and 69 species...
“ Soerensenella prehensor Pocock, 1902 is the type species (by original designation) of the genus...