palnica: Palni Hills (place), in reference to type locality.
- G.p. female(4) (holotype + paratypes): Zoological Survey of India (Indian Museum), Calcutta; #1061/18
- G.p. female(4) (paratypes): Roewer collection, now housed in the Senckenberg Natur-Museum und Forschungsinstitut, Frankfurt, Germany; #RII/773/53
- Length of body 5, 1st to 4th femora 8, 13, 7, 9 ; 1st to 4th legs 32, 55, 32, 44 mm.
- Surface of carapace, scutum and free tergites and sternites of abdomen smooth, not granulated ; 2nd area of scutum with one median slender and short spine, 1st area of scutum with a low and small median hump ocular tubercle on each side frontally with 3-4 granules. Surface of 1st to 4th coxae smooth; edge of small humps of marginal rows of coxae straightly blunted. 1st article of chelicerae dorsally smooth. Palps: trochanter to tarsus wholly unarmed, smooth; patella with an inner apical apophysis. Legs in femoral region sparingly denticulated; number of the noduli on 1st to 4th femora 0-1-0-0.
- Colour of the body and ocular tubercle pale yellowish; carapace, two thoracic tergites and scutum of each side metallic-green, spine of scutum blackish-brown with a median longitudinal stripe of the same colour running from this spine to the frontal margin of scutum. 1st to 4th coxae ferruginous; 1st to 4th trochanters and the basal buttons of the femora blackish-brown, rest of the legs, palps and chelicerae pale yellowish.
Additional images - GalleryEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Roewer, C.F. (1929b) On a collection of Indian Palpatores (Phalangiidae) with a revision of the continental genera and species of the sub-family Gagrellinae Thorell. Records of the Indian Museum, Calcutta, 31(2), 107–159.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Roewer, C.F. (1954b) Indoaustralische Gagrellinae (Opiliones, Arachnidae). (Weitere Weberknechte XVIII). 1. Teil. Senckenbergiana Biologica, Frankfurt, 35(3/4), 181–236.