viridula = somewhat green, in reference to the brilliant green colour of the carapace.
- G.v. male(1) + female(1) (holotype (m) + paratype): Zoological Survey of India (Indian Museum), Calcutta; #1022/18
- G.v. male(4) + female(4) (paratypes): Roewer collection, now housed in the Senckenberg Natur-Museum und Forschungsinstitut, Frankfurt, Germany; #RII/771/51
- Male: length of body 4, 1st to 4th femora 11, 21, 10, 14, 1st to 4th legs 48, 101, 44, 67 mm.
- Female: length of body 5 .5, 1st to 4th femora 9, 17, 8, 12, 1st to 4th legs 41, 87, 36, 56 mm.
- Surface of carapace, scutum, free tergites and sternites of abdomen and of 1st to 4th coxae smooth and polished; ocular tubercle smooth, but with 1—3 pointed small teeth above and frontally on each side of the median furrow; scutum with a slender smooth spine. Edge of small humps of marginal rows of coxae straightly blunted. 1st article of chelicerae dorsally with 3—4 granules. Palps almost unarmed; femur only ventro-basally with about 10 blunt granules, patella dorsally with about 10 scattered, small, pointed teeth, tibia about 41 times longer than thick, unarmed; tarsus unarmed, but in the male with a ventro-medial row of very small teeth. Legs long, thin; 1st to 4th trochanters on each side with a few teeth, rest of the legs unarmed; number of the noduli on 1st to 4th femora 0-1-0-0.
- Colour of the body dorsally and ventrally ferruginous, with a brilliant greenish but not metallic lustre on the carapace, on the free thoracic tergite, on the scutum and on the free tergites and sternites of the abdomen. Ocular tubercle pale yellowish with blackish rings around the eyes. Surface of the carapace frontally and laterally covered with white secretions; 1st to 4th coxae yellowish-brown, also covered with white secretions on the marginal rows. Chelicerae and palps pale yellowish, the latter somewhat greenish dorsally. Legs with their trochanters uniform brown.
- Location: Udhagamandalam 'Ooty' (Tamil Nadu), India
- Hallan lists this species under Gagrellula (G. riridula)
Additional images - GalleryEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Roewer, C.F. (1929b) On a collection of Indian Palpatores (Phalangiidae) with a revision of the continental genera and species of the sub-family Gagrellinae Thorell. Records of the Indian Museum, Calcutta, 31(2), 107–159.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Roewer, C.F. (1954b) Indoaustralische Gagrellinae (Opiliones, Arachnidae). (Weitere Weberknechte XVIII). 1. Teil. Senckenbergiana Biologica, Frankfurt, 35(3/4), 181–236.