Goniosoma dentipes C.L. Koch, 1839, from Floresta da Tijuca, RJ. Photo Copyright © Adriano B. Kury.
Goniosoma dentipes C.L. Koch, 1839 is a species of Goniosoma from MG and RJ States in Brazil. It is the type species of the invalid genus Progoniosoma Roewer, 1913.
- Goniosoma dentipes C.L. Koch 1839b: 58, pl. 230, fig. 565.
- Goniosoma grossum C.L. Koch 1839b: 62, pl. 231, fig. 566.
- Progoniosoma cruciferum Mello-Leitão 1923c: 155.
- Glyptogoniosoma perditum Mello-Leitão 1936b: 36, fig. 32.
- Progoniosoma tijuca Roewer 1930: 386, fig. 15.
Goniosoma dentipes: ♂ holotype (MNHN, or JSPC?) from BRAZIL, without further locality data. Goniosoma grossum: ♀ holotype, (JSPC); “syntypes” [= paratypes] (ZMB 928a-b) from BRAZIL, without further locality data. Progoniosoma cruciferum: ♀ holotype (MNRJ 1453), from BRAZIL, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro: Corcovado. Glyptogoniosoma perditum: holotype (MNRJ 42705), from BRAZIL, Minas Gerais, Paraopeba (probably mistaken). Progoniosoma tijuca: ♀ holotype (SMF RII 1342/30), from BRAZIL, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro: Tijuca.
By occasion of their review, DaSilva & Gnaspini (2010)  did not present a diagnosis for this species, but they did make a remark:
"Goniosoma ensifer is very similar to G. dentipes and they are sympatric. They can be distinguished by the higher development of some structures in G. ensifer, such as the very large retrolateral apophysis of coxa IV and very curved femur IV, for example. Since only a few specimens of G. ensifer were available for study and since no specimen of G. dentipes that we examined showed the same pattern as G. ensifer, we have decided to keep the species separate, although a future and more detailed analysis may lead to the conclusion of the synonymy."
- ↑ DaSilva, M.B. & Gnaspini, P. (2010) A systematic revision of Goniosomatinae (Arachnida : Opiliones : Gonyleptidae), with a cladistic analysis and biogeographical notes. Invertebrate Systematics, 23(6) (“2009”), 530–624.