Jussara aureopunctata (Roewer, 1953) (from original description)
- P.a. female(1) (lectotype) + female (1) (paralectotype) Roewer collection, now housed in the Naturmuseum Senckenberg; #RII/9830/581
Body opaque yellow (in alcohol). Eye mound dark brown, articular membrane around dorsal scute and prosomatic tergites XIV and XV dark brown, opisthosoma, including articular membrane, with black rounded spots irregularly distributed, except in dorsal scute where they form two parallel rows, posterior margin with a rectangular black mark under the articular membrane between the dorsal scute and prosomatic tergites XIV and XV (Figs 73, 75). Chelicerae and pedipalps cream.
- Measurements. Body 6.2 mm, carapace 0.6 mm, dorsal scute 3.6 mm, chelicera 1.7 mm, pedipalps 3.4 mm, ovipositor 0.4 mm.
- Colour. Supracheliceral laminae cream. All free lateral sternites, except FLS S8, dark brown. Maxillary lobes of coxae I black, legs brown (Figs 73-74, 76).
- Dorsal surface. Surface densely reticulate. Anterior margin of the carapace almost straight. Supracheliceral laminae armed with three sharp-pointed granules. Eye mound armed with two rows of sharp-pointed granules. Articular membrane of dorsal scute very conspicuous, broadly surpassing the sclerites (Fig. 73).
- Ventral surface. Lateral borders of the genital operculum unarmed, arculi genitales III unarmed.
- Chelicera. Ventrobasal spine of basichelicerite sharp-pointed (Fig. 76).
- Pedipalp. As in J. albiarcuata except for: inner apophysis of patella longer than wide and armed with sharp-pointed granules. Inner apophysis of tibia twice as short as patellar apophysis (Fig. 78).
- Legs. Femoral formula 1/3/1/1.
- Ovipositor. Segments of the body in bad condition, only the first segment of the body recognisable. Second segment of the furca with a distal lyrifissure (Fig. 77).
It is not known why Roewer placed this species in Prionostemma, since it has one nodulus on femur I and one on femur III; femoral formula: 1/3/1/1. Following his own classification system the species included in this genus must have three nodules on the femur of leg II, one nodule on the femur of leg IV, and no nodules on the femora of legs I and III; femoral formula: 0/3/0/1.
- Location: Brazil: Bahia State
- Tourinho & Kury, 2003 give specimen number as RII/98030/581 - correct specimen number from SeSam Senckenberg Database
- ↑ SeSam Senckenberg Database: http://sesam.senckenberg.de/
- ↑ Roewer, C.F. (1953a) Neotropische Gagrellinae (Opiliones, Arachnidae). (Weitere Weberknechte XVII). Mitteilungen aus dem Zoologischen Museum in Berlin, Berlin, 29(1), 180-265.
- ↑ Tourinho, A.L., & Kury, A.B., 2003. A review of Jussara, with descriptions of six new species (Arachnida, Opiliones, Sclerosomatidae) from Brazil. Tropical Zoology, 16(2): 209-275.