Templar incongruens Taylor, 2008 (from original description)
- T.i. male(1) (holotype) Canterbury Museum, Christchurch, New Zealand; #
- T.i. female(1) (paratype) Canterbury Museum, Christchurch, New Zealand; #
- Male: Prosoma length 0.76, total body length, 2.3, width 1.52. Mottled medium and dark brown; carapace with lighter longitudinal stripes on either side of ocularium. Dorsum of prosoma and first five segments of opisthosoma except for lateral margins densely and evenly covered with simple, rounded denticles. Ocularium rugose. Ozopores small, not visible from above.
- Chelicerae: Segment I 0.72, segment II 1.42. Both segments heavily denticulate. Segment I with ventral row of large denticles. Segment II enlarged relative to segment I. Outside of fingers smoothly convex.
- Pedipalps: Femur 0.57, patella 0.29, tibia 0.35, tarsus 0.71. Femur without spines; setae in rows on sides and centerline of femur, with concentration of setae at inner distal end. Patella with rows of setae on sides and centerline. Patellar apophysis rounded, not extending far past patella-tibia junction, with scattered large setae. Tibia with rows of setae on sides, otherwise glabrous, and concentration of setae at inner distal end. Tarsus uniformly covered with small setae, with interspersed large setae.
- Legs: Femora 0.88, 1.81, 0.86, 1.32; patellae 0.40, 0.70, 0.35, 0.53; tibiae 0.83, 1.68, 0.81, 1.09. Legs noticeably shorter than in other Monoscutidae. Femora, patellae and tibiae of all legs denticulate except leg II, which has only femur denticulate. Tibia II not divided into pseudosegments.
- Penis: Glans bent dorsad to shaft, stylus slightly anteriad from vertical. Bristle groups on left smaller than right, with left anterior group very reduced.
- Female: Prosoma length 1.0, total body length 2.94, width 1.84. Features as for male except for following. Mottled medium- and yellow-brown with darker median crucifix-shaped marking on opisthosoma from first to fourth segments, with ‘‘cross-bar’’ on third segment.
- Chelicerae: Segment I 0.43, segment II 0.96. Chelicerae smaller than in male; no row of enlarged denticles on segment I.
- Pedipalps: Femur 0.74, patella 0.33, tibia 0.40, tarsus 0.95.
- Legs: Femora 0.95, 1.87, 0.84, 1.34; patellae 0.45, 0.76, 0.41, 0.54; tibiae 0.68, 1.97, 0.86, 1.18.
- Location: New Zealand, South Island, Mid Canterbury, Ahuriri Reserve (43°41'S 172°38'E)